1. Exfoliate your skin The ground rule of basic skincare is to exfoliate your skin. Your body sheds skin cells at an amazing rate every minute. If you don’t get rid of them, they’ll just set in on your skin making you look dull and dry.
2. Sunscreen is a must
Throw away last year’s unused sunscreen for a new bottle. Buy a new sunscreen that has UVA and UVB products and comes in at least an SPF 30. Reapply every 1-2 hours that you are in the sun.
3. Go for minimal make-up During summers less make-up is best. Under the intolerant sun, natural looks are best. If you intend to use foundation, then also apply face powder with SPF to avoid patchy skin. To protect your lips always use a gloss or a lip balm with an SPF of 15 to make your lips fresher.
4. Make water your best friend At least 8 glasses of water are needed. If possible,
carry a water bottle with you and remember to drink at least once every 30 min. Water not only helps you feel fresh, but it also prevents dehydration and will help wash out a lot of toxins.
5. Don’t forget your feet Winter boots have long since been packed away; it’s sandal season ladies. Time to treat yourself to a Pedicure. You’ll notice a big difference in the softness of your feet.
6. Look for a summery polish Pick a bold new polish for your toes. Toe nails can be painted a much bolder color than you would usually put on your fingernails. Pick out something that screams summer, or better yet choose a Gel Pedicure. The gel polish lasts much longer and you don’t have to wait for the polish to dry before leaving the spa.